Welcome to Nemours Children’s Health
2024 Benefits Annual Enrollment!
Our annual enrollment period took place Oct. 11-31, 2023; the correction period is scheduled for Nov. 20-28, 2023.
Our 2024 benefits are designed to attract and retain associates by positively impacting the health and well-being of you and your family. We paid close attention to your feedback in every step of the design and enhanced current benefits and support to assist with education and navigation of Nemours benefits offering and health care system.
Important Changes for 2024:
- New health care navigation, advocacy and care coordination through Quantum Health. We are pleased to provide this new offering to help associates navigate their health needs for themselves and their families. If you have any specific inquiries about your health care benefits, Quantum Health can provide you with more effective assistance. Quantum Health will serve as the ‘front door’ to our medical benefits, providing medical care coordination, helping you with pre-certification and assisting you in finding in-network providers and other services. All associates who enroll in the Nemours medical plan will receive a new ID card with the Quantum Health logo. It’s important to note that your Aetna network of providers will remain unchanged.
- New administrator for health savings and flexible spending accounts. Starting in 2024, HealthEquity will take over as the administrator for health savings accounts (HSAs) and flexible spending accounts (FSAs), replacing PayFlex. This change means that enrolling in the Green Plan will be more convenient with HealthEquity’s HSA administration. If you opt for either of these accounts for 2024, HealthEquity will provide you with a new debit card.
- New health and dental cost increases. Like many other companies in the United States, Nemours is also facing the challenges of high inflation, increasing costs of pharmaceuticals, and ongoing labor shortages. Unfortunately, this has resulted in rising prices for medical and other benefits despite our efforts to minimize the impact on our associates. The associate premium cost for medical benefits is increasing by 8%, while associate dental premiums are increasing by an average of 2.2%.
- New long-term disability plan option enhancements. Nemours is raising the maximum monthly benefit for one of its long-term disability plan options from $12,000 to $15,000 and extends eligibility to all associates.
- New medical claims administrator. Although they’re considered more ‘behind the scenes,’ we want to ensure you’re aware that Aetna’s Meritain Health will now be responsible for paying your medical claims.
2024 Benefits That Are Not Changing:
- PTO buyback is being offered again this year. You can sell up to 100 hours if you meet eligibility requirements. Reminder: PTO buyback is paid at 80% of its value.
- Medical plan copays, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums are not changing.
- The medical plan provider network remains unchanged with Aetna for medical and Express Scripts for pharmacy.
- No plan changes for dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term disability and voluntary benefits, including accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, identity protection, or legal.
Additionally, there have been numerous enhancements, new programs and other changes made during 2022 including the Public Service Loan Forgiveness guidance program with Tuition.io, expert medical second opinion program, expanded surgical centers of excellence through Carrum, diabetic support by Twin Health, and virtual musculoskeletal therapy services offered through Hinge Health.
Frequently Asked Questions and Information Sessions:
I understand that you may have questions. To help answer them, we have comprehensive FAQs on this site. In addition, I encourage you to attend one of the virtual information sessions scheduled throughout the annual enrollment period to get real-time answers from a benefits expert.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our associates and your families, as you are the foundation of creating the healthiest generations of children. Thank you for your continued commitment to going well beyond medicine to transform children’s health. Your dedication to patients, families, and each other is truly inspiring.
Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer