Nemours offers a pre-paid legal plan through MetLife Legal Plan®. Contributions are taken post-tax. The MetLife Legal Plan is a simple, affordable way to access the most frequently needed personal legal services such as wills, powers of attorney and identity theft defense. Divorce is not covered. Some of the covered services include:
- Family and personal law such as adoption, guardianship and garnishment defense
- Money matters such as identity theft defense, debt collection defense and personal bankruptcy
- Vehicle and driving law such as driving privileges restoration and license suspension
- Home and real estate law such as foreclosure, eviction defense and title disputes
- Civil lawsuits such as small claims assistance and disputes over consumer goods
- Estate law such as simple wills, powers of attorney and health care proxies
- Elder care law related to your parents
MetLife Legal Plan gives participants access to a network of more than 11,000 attorneys. Attorneys in the network meet stringent criteria and are regularly reviewed to ensure they continue to meet plan standards.
Once you are enrolled, you will need to remain enrolled in this plan until the next annual enrollment.